I first realized I was a shopaholic when I noticed that my entire email (of 14,000 emails) consisted of coupons and sale alerts from stores. I know…I have a problem. Here are 10 ways to tell if you’re a shopaholic too:
1. Whenever you see a sale you just HAVE to go in and see what they have. Even if you may not have the…uh…ahem…funds to actually purchase anything.
2. You REFUSE to go to the mall when you don’t have any money to avoid heartache.
3. Your heart hurts when you know you can’t go to a sale.
4. Your trash consists of receipts, tags and shopping bags from various stores.
5. You will buy something even though you don’t need it, solely for the price.
6. Your email is mostly sales instead of conversations with actual people.
7. You may contemplate the importance of rent while staring at a pair of shoes on sale.
8. You receive text message sale alerts from your favorite stores.
9. Your friends often have to stop you from purchasing something similar to something you already have.
10. After going shopping, you feel you need to tell everyone about how much money you saved and are confused as to why they aren’t as excited as you.